The Board is pleased to present its 2023 - 2026 Strategic Plan.
Every four years, police services across Ontario are required to develop and adopt a strategic plan. Throughout 2022, the board and service conducted extensive research to gather information from the community and service members through surveys, focus groups and town halls. Over 6500 community respondents and over 660 members took part in the consultation process. .
Through this research, five key strategic objectives were identified:
- Community Safety
- Collaborative Engagement
- Culture and Capacity
- Core Assets
- Trusting Change
Strategic plans provide information on the following:
- How the police service board will ensure the provision of adequate and effective policing in accordance with the needs of the population of the area,
- The objectives, priorities and core functions of the police service,
- Quantitative and qualitative performance objectives and indicators,
- Interactions with youth, members of racialized groups and members of First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities,
- Interactions with people who appear to have a mental health condition,
- Interactions with persons who appear to have a mental illness or a neurodevelopmental disability,
- Information technology,
- Resource planning,
- Police facilities.